Ms. Meythaler was a principal ballerina with the National Ballet of Ecuador. She has performed ballet and contemporary dance around the world including Peru, Belgium, Germany, Italy, England, France, Spain, Brazil, Columbia and Japan. She began dancing professionally at the age of fifteen with Compania Nacional de Dance in Ecuador and then joined the National Ballet of Ecuador in 1989. She also danced with Ballet Novo, Opera Ecuador and Koral y Esmeralda. In 2001 Sandra became a part of Roanoke Ballet Theatre and was promoted to Director in 2007.
She is also an independent performing artist and teacher. Ms. Meythaler performs and teaches Series Classes in Flamenco, Salsa, Rumba and Afro-Cuban styles. Her multi talents are augmented by her world class teaching style which incorporates international dance styles in traditional ballet syllabus.
Ms. Meythaler’s awards include:
- Silver Medal – Festival International de Dance – Dijon, France – 1986
- Bronze Medal – Festival de Dance – Gastrovillari, Italy – 1986
- Best Performance – Festival International de Dance – Tarascon, France – 1988
- Nominated Best Interpretation – Festival of Choreography – Ecuador – 1991
- Award given by Hitoshi Motochino, Mayor Nagasaki – 1994
- Gold Medal – Awarded by Organization MINON, Tokyo – 1994